Question

Is Sears a trust worthy company that will refund money when a product arrives damaged? It’s not looking like it.

I am posting this comment to avoid filing a formal BBB complaint vs. sears. The back story is that I ordered 2 pieces of furniture in April, I received one in May that was to be used in a newly finished bedroom. I wished to have both pieces before we moved these items up stairs and set them up. Called many of times inquiring about the second item. I was always informed that it was going to be shipped and would be here soon. Then OVER 2 MONTHS LATER I received the final piece of furniture and went to set up the pieces. Upon opening the packages, they were packaged poorly and most of the wood was cracked or otherwise damaged. I then called Sears in late July inquiring about a refund and returning the items. I was told that I would be sent a return slip via e-mail and refunded my money promptly. I then called today, about 2 weeks later and was told that Sears was still in the process of deciding if they would send me a return slip or refund any monies. This is absolutely ridiculous. I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau if this matter is not addressed within 24 hours as your website indicates. I want to return these items (as I did not get what I ordered, but received damaged goods) and I want a refund of my money. I do not believe this is asking too much!

Answers

3 answers

• San Jose, CA

Were these furniture Sears sold items or being sold by a 3rd party vendor on the Sears.com site?

Returning 3rd party merchandise through Sears can be more complicated than working directly with the 3rd party vendor.

Things like response times to whether merchandise needs to be sent back or a relatively simple purchase credit back is processed can get longer when Sears has to communicate with the folks that have their own company returns policy.

Hopefully, everything will get straightened out for you, soon.

1. Hello Peach1010,

My name is Trent I am a member of the Sears Cares Team. We have come across your post and wanted to offer our assistance and our apologies for the troubles you have encountered with your recent order. We can certainly understand why you would be upset after waiting as long as you did only to receive your items damaged. We would be more than happy to assist with a refund and return of your items and rectifying this situation so we may hopefully show you that we do value you as our customer. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that we have assigned to reference your post (Peach1010), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you,

Trent A.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi peach101!

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and giving us a chance to make this right for you!

That is quite a long time to be waiting on your final piece of furniture only to find out that it was damaged upon arrival. We would like to help further by having one of SearsCares team members look into this matter for you.

They will be able to look into the status for your return slip/refund to see what may be taking place. If you can please check back periodically one of our members will be responding by requesting additional information.

Thank you!

See More