Question

Is there a product that penetrates wood and kills mold and is safe to use indoors?

Answers

2 answers

1. Hello ProfS,

I would like to answer your question for you. There are methods of mold mitigation and I suggest searching the US EPA website and other reputable sources for more information. I am familiar with a two step process that uses an epoxy to seal any areas that have been exposed to moisture and disodium octaborate tetrahydrate, a borax derivative to reduce the amount and kill varying degrees of the mold and fungus, prior to application of the epoxy. The epoxy seals the wood and prevents further damage from moisture and also stops the mold spores from being released into the adjacent areas and airspace within the building. Once the chemical applications have been applied per the manufacturer's instructions and given the specified amount of time to cure, out-gassing and other chemical release is at a minimum. Always check the MSDS and other official product information prior to the planning and application to problem areas indoors.
    JerryTech

1. In response to SHC-JerryC

Thank you for the information. I will search the US EPA website. Your approach sounds effective.

See More