Question

Is there a reset button for the ice maker on my 2010 Kenmore French door refrigerator? The display panel will not change from crushed ice. Model 795.7106

Answers

3 answers

1. When you press the ice select button you should bet a choice of crushed or cubed ice. From the description you give I suspect the dispenswer panel has a stuck or shorted keypad. The ice make does have a on/off button but this would not reset the dispenswer keypad. You can try unplugging the unit for a few minutes. Let is stay off a few minutes before plugging it back in so the pressures will equalize.

1. In response to SHC-FredM

Powering down the refrigerator for a reset did not work. So I called the local company that I generally use for repair to my Sears appliances. The repairman says the board is bad, and the refrigerator is so old (four years!!!) that the board is no longer available. This is not good for me or my desire to purchase from Sears.

2. Hi 11vernon! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for posting your question. The Appliance Expert can let you know about that reset button. He will be by in a bit with the answer for you.

Once he replies, I will be sure to send you an email letting you know.

Thanks!

See More