Question

Is there a way to clean the tubing in a refrigerators ice making system? Our ice and the water from the door dispenser has recently begun tasting funny. Thanks!

Answers

4 answers

1. I understand your concern about the water and ice tasting funny. The most common reason for this type of problem will be the use of a plastic water supply line. If the supply line is plastic, it will probably need to be changed to copper. If this fridge has a filter, you can try replacing it first but if the taste still exists, the supply line will need to be replaced. Usually in this case, it's also a good idea to replace the reservoir also. I hope this will help you. If you would like more assistance, please include the complete model and serial number and I will assist you further. If you would like to have a technician check this you can call 1-800-469-4663 to schedule a tech to come out.

1. In response to SHC-ScottD

Thanks for the info. I was afraid replacing the parts would be the reality and that the existing tubing can't just be cleaned. There is a filter and it was recently replaced, unfortunately eliminating the easiest and lowest cost solution.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

2. Hi dchwite98! Thanks so much for posting your question today. I bet one of our Appliance Experts can let you know how to clean that tubing. If you can post your model number, that would really let them tailor their answer to your exact fridge. Check back on this thread soon for a reply!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

I don't know the exact nodel number, I'll try to locate it. But it is a Kenmore and about 9 years old.