Question

Is there an employee at Sears authorized to correct this issue?

I ordered a twin mattress on Feb 6, 2014. Paid with a Sears card. Delivery was scheduled for Feb. 14. An automated call stated that the delivery was cancelled due to a snow storm. Understandable. I called “Home Delivery” on Feb. 19 asking about delivery. “Someone will call you within 24 hours to schedule delivery.” No one called. I called “Home Delivery” on Feb. 21, “someone will call you within 24 hours to schedule a delivery.” Apparently, Sears’ employee, Mr. Someone, quit since he has yet to call. I called Feb. 22 three times.”Someone will call you within 24-48 hours to schedule delivery” (Clearly, she did not get the memo that Mr. Someone has already left the building) “I can not reach the warehouse.” “The mattress is listed as having been delivered.” “No one is responding from the warehouse.” “I don’t know if we have that mattress in stock.” “let me call you back in an hour” He did call back within the hour to say that they might be able to deliver a mattress on March 14th, but are not sure they have any in stock. After six phone calls total and at least two hours on hold, I am finished with Sears. I requested and have been told a refund of the purchase price and shipping cost will be forthcoming in seven to ten days. (7-10 days!?! an insane length of time to process a refund) Sears has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I will not shop there again. I will not continue to have their credit card. I have made three major purchases at Sears over the last 18 months totaling $3,500+. Clearly, I have been and had planned to be a loyal customer. I will not continue to do business there in the future. Sears, empower your employees to answer customer questions and to correct issues on the spot.

Answers

5 answers

1. If you do not get a prompt refund, file a dispute of the charges. Sears does not own the credit cards, they are through Citibank.

2. rhbelieve50,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. We apologize to have missed your expectations with regards to getting your mattress delivered as well as with the length of time it is taking to receive your refund. We would be happy to contact you to assist in making sure your refund is processed as soon as possible. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (rhbelieve50) and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and we look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-BrianH

Thank you so much, Brian. I sent the required information to the address you provided. 2/23/2014. 2:55 pm EST.

2. In response to SHC-BrianH

Great rhbelieve50!

Please keep us posted if you have any further concerns or questions.

Thank you!

3. Hi rhbelieve50,

Welcome to the MySears Community!

I apologize for the lack of assistance you had received in locating information on your latest purchase. I completely understand the frustration you had experienced through the multiple calls you had made.

I would like to make sure that you are further cared for by having our Sears Cares team look into making sure your refund is forth coming in a timely manner.

Once a response has posted by a member of our team I will be reaching out via email to help in directing you back to your thread for contact.

Again, we thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback on your latest delivery experience and bringing this issue to our attention.

Thank you!

See More