Question

issues getting warranty repair dishwasher reinstalled in home. Need a contact to Sears Customer Solutions

Answers

10 answers

1. Bugfuzz24,

Thank you for contacting us about your dishwasher installation issue. We'd be more than happy to offer the assistance of a dedicated case manager to help resolve this issue. We understand how frustrating and inconvenient it is to be without your dishwasher and look forward to helping you with this situation. In addition, we'd appreciate the opportunity to address any other concerns you have with your dishwasher or with another Sears issue. Please send an email with your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please include your screen name (Bugfuzz24) for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,

Susan R.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-SusanR

Thanks for the contact here is a brief account of what happened in our house. This is what we sent to claims people for the claim on our ruined hardwood floors.

Hi Angie,

Thanks for contacting me this past Monday with an offer to settle this claim by paying our floor damage estimate of 1034.91. Unfortunately, we are also out of pocket for the dishwasher install of 119.99. We exercised due care to prevent as much damage as possible by removing the failed dishwasher in the middle of the night once the water damage was found. As a result, we were able to begin cleaning up all the water and to begin drying out the entire damaged area almost immediately - this effort saved a large area of flooring from permanent damage and prevented a potential mold issue which combined to significantly reduce the total claim.

Our family, including three children under 3 1/2, endured two weeks of extremely hot July weather with several miserable, sleepless nights without the use of our air conditioner in an effort to continue drying the floor. Our family lost the use of our dishwasher on 7/1 and it wasn't repaired until 7/31. Even then, it could not be used because we were informed that we needed to separately hire a plumber to take care of re-installing the dishwasher. Not having a dishwasher was an extremely difficult burden for us considering all the plates, bottles, cups, and utensils that needed to be cleaned daily for a young family. We finally got the dishwasher back in use over a month later on 8/2 and we were told that we should submit the plumber expense for reimbursement due to the warranty issue, yet reimbursement was initially denied for this install even though our due care significantly reduced the claim amount.

We have spent countless hours trying to resolve this issue. My wife has missed over a day and a half of work to meet the dishwasher repairman on two separate occasions and then again with the plumber. Damage occurred on the evening of 7/1 and a claim was filed by me on 7/3. We couldn't get a repairman until 7/17, but at that point he made the determination that this was a product failure under warranty. I submitted all relevant receipts for the repair estimate and dishwasher install by 8/1 after being told what was needed. By the time you receive this message it will be 8/23 - still without a final resolution. I appreciate your effort working with us and you have been pleasant in this process, but we have had enough suffering throughout this ordeal. I have documented this entire claim and we have made 12 proactive emails and over 20 phone calls attempting to resolve this issue. We are at a point that we need final resolution and a good faith effort to make us whole so we can begin repairing our floor and get on with our lives.

I would appreciate it if you would contact me on my cell phone tomorrow at 4**-5**-0*** to discuss final resolution. Please do not contact our home phone number at 4**-2**-8*** as there will be nobody around to take your call. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Casey C****

Please contact me about settling up the install. The Missoula store has been less than helpful with this entire process.

Jamie Cline 4**-2**-9*** Bugfuzz24

2. In response to SHC-SusanR

Dear Casey,

We have forwarded your contact information to our case management team to have a case manager assigned you who will call and assist you in this matter.

Thanks,
      Edwin C.

3. In response to SHC-SusanR

Hi I am just checking on the status of our situation. Thanks

Bugfuzz24

Bugfuzz24******.com

4. In response to SHC-SusanR

Any idea on how stinking long this will take

thanks

Jamie

5. In response to SHC-SusanR

Bugfuzz24,

We're sorry for the delay. We see that our case manager has your information and has been trying to reach you. I will forward your post to our case manager for attention.

Thank you,
      David W.

6. In response to SHC-SusanR

It has been several weeks again we were promised a refund and still nothing. I think there should also be something like store credit for all the hours trying to get this resolved

Frustrated

Jamie

7. In response to SHC-SusanR

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for providing us an update on your status. I have forwarded on to our Sears Cares team so that they may contact your case manager, updating that your refund has not been received as of today.

Thank you!

8. In response to SHC-SusanR

Bugfuzz24,

We're sorry to hear that you have not received your refund. We have forwarded your post and sent a contact request to your cast manager.

Thank you,
      David W.

2. Hi there, Bugfuzz24! Thanks for posting on the MySears Community today. We can get you in touch with SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. They will be able to help you out.

Check right here in a bit for a response from a team member reaching out to assist.

Thanks!