Question

• KD2
    • Kansas City, MO

It’s Sunday and I’m very disappointed that Sears cannot get a refrigerator technician out until Wednesday for repairs. Our fridge is not cooling or freezing. Is this a normal time-frame for Sears? To me, this is an emergency and should not require a 3-day wait. Tell me again why I should use Sears and have a maintenance agreement? Also, I posted about this on their Facebook page and my post was immediately deleted. I’m keeping the appointment, but In the meantime, I’ll be checking around to find someone else to come out sooner. That also means we will not be renewing our maintenance agreement with Sears.

Answers

6 answers

• San Jose, CA

Monday is Labor Day. With a line of previously scheduled Service appointments due out Tuesday and Wednesday, you're getting bumped in on Wednesday.

Happy days!

• San Jose, CA

A 3-day response time for appliance servicing is a bit of a "speed record" for Sears Service.

The normal sceduling period is between 1 to 2 weeks for a free spot.

It seems, all of this new technology needs a good deal of servicing for all of the new technology to work together and the machine to continue to function, with little or no preventative maintenance being performed on the latest generation machines.

I advocate the use of a more "simple" technology mini-fridge be sought out and purchase for backing up the larger/ more sophisticated refrigeration (with water and ice often on the doors and the frost free feature of a "heating cycle" being built in) units.

The even more basic back up would be buying ice every one or two days for one's camping cooler to keep things like milk and beer cold.

Good luck with your speedy service appointment and I hope your machine doesn't need "parts ordered" for it. That'll tack on another week or two to the resolution of a problem.

• KD2
      • Kansas City, MO

I just sent the email.

1. In response to KD2

Thank you KD2!

Please keep us posted on your progress!

1. KD2,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. After reading your post I can see why you would be frustrated with having to wait a relatively long period of time for a technician to make it to your home. We certainly don't intend to delay your repair any longer than necessary and we'd like to make sure you have a working refrigerator as soon as possible. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (KD2) and phone # used at time of purchase to kmsupport@searshc.com. Again, we apologize and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi KD2,

Welcome to the MySears Community!

I am sorry that you are having to wait for a repair technician to come out. I know how this can be a quite an inconvenience for the refrigerator is one of the main necessities in sustaining our food for our families.

To try and help you further, I have escalated to our Sears Cares team to see if they can help with this matter. They will do what they can in making this right for you.

If you can please check back periodically one of our members will be responding by requesting additional information.

Thank you!

See More