Question

kBought Kenmore Model 13109 two yrs, 2 months ago. Panel lights keep blinking and DW will not run. The repair would be over $300, plus diagnostic bill was 119.36. We paid $697 for DW. Add up diagnostic, repair and cost of DW totals an investment of $1,141.05. I talked to the appliance manager at Sears today. He apoligised for the problems I am having and said this is why Sears encourages customers to purchase the extended warranty. Please, do they expect break-downs and repairs!!

A friend had the same problem with a similar Kenmore DW, but at least hers will run on “normal wash”. Anyone else had these electronic panel problems?
Jackie

Answers

3 answers

1. Here is an example - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flzhfmIIYpM

2. Look on the internet for a reset set code for your model. Youtube sometimes shows how to do it. It might be something as simple as turning off the circuit braker for a few min.

3. Hello donjac123. I understand your concern about this failure in your dishwasher. Sears does not expect break-downs in their dishwashers or other appliances. The number of failures is normally low. That being said, a failure in electronic and mechanical devices can happen at any time. The extended warranty is an option to consider when purchasing a large appliance.