Question

Kenmore 3/4 HP Disposal model 60572 leaking from bottom – anything I can do?

All connections were fine, just coming out the bottom of the disposal

Answers

3 answers

1. Hello Cpitt. I agree with BigMike4511. You will probably need to replace that garbage disposal. According to the model number, it appears to have a 5 year warranty. If it is older than that, then I recommend that you replace it on your own. If it is less than 5 years old, then I recommend that you check your paperwork and owner's manual. You may be able to have it replaced under the warranty in that situation. If you need more help, let us know.

2. Thanks for posting your question today, Cpitt! Check back soon for a reply from the Appliance Team. I bet they have a suggestion or two!

3. If the housing is rusted through, the only thing you can do is replace the unit. One good way to find a leak is to wrap all the connections with toilet paper. The tissue will show wetness were the leak is.

Unless it is under warranty, replacement (or removal and installation of a drain assembly) is the only real option. It is not that hard a job to do yourself, especially when there is already a disposal installed

See More