Question

Kenmore 795.76209.901 Refrigerator w/ Bottom Freezer drawer. Recently I have noticed that when I open the door for my refrigerator the light doesn’t always come on. If I put my finger on the switch and slide my finger off to the side so that the switch releases really quick the light comes on with no problems and operates as designed. Is this a problem with the switch? How do I get to the switch without breaking anything on my fridge?

Answers

4 answers

1. The light switch can be pried out with a small straight edge screwdriver. Be sure to turn the power off first. The 6600JB1010A switch is a great do-it-yourself project.

1. In response to SHC-FredM

Thanks Fred. I have one last question before I attempt to tackle this repair. Is this part readily available at my local Sears store?

2. In response to SHC-FredM

Hi dgrantg! I can answer this one for you-it is not available at your local Sears, but can be ordered from Sears Parts Direct.

Click here for the link to order that switch.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

2. Hi dgrantg! Thanks for posting your question on the MySears Community. An Appliance Expert will be able to determine what is going on with your fridge lights and can offer a suggest or two to get this working properly for you. We also appreciate all the details you included to assure you get the most accurate answer.

An Expert will respond right here in a bit. Once he does, I will notify you via email so you can view the answer.

Thanks!