Question

Kenmore dishwasher ‘locked’ indicator is on. Held ‘No Dry Heat’ button, as instructed and still control panel is locked. Cannot use as long as locked, so what is next step?

Answers

3 answers

1. This problem has occured to me on my Kenmore Ultra wash dwasher twice now.I will not replace the panel agin because it would make the cost of the dishwasher over $1000.00. Do yourself a favor.Go to anyplace other than Sears and buy yourself a decent dishwasher. Sears "Customer Service" team will yes you out the door, but they WILL NOT stand behind their substandard product. Live and Learn, bit the bullet. Don't buy or consider Sears ever again..tell your friends.

2. dgable, the No Heat Dry button is usually the correct button to turn the control lock function on or off. That keypad/button may be stuck or shorted. That would mean replacing the console. It can be done as a do-it-yourself project. On most models the console is held in place by 4 screws and is not too difficult to remove. One thing I would suggest you try first is a dry run to remove the console and access the ribbon connector. Try removing the ribbon connector and then reinstall it and see if there is a better connection and if the problem is solved. If not then you should feel confident in replacing the console. Remember to turn the power off first. Thank you for using mySears community.

3. Hi dgable,

Thank you for reaching out to us today in the MySears Community!

Do you have a make and model number for your Kenmore Dishwasher? This may be helpful for our Sears Appliance Experts to help in providing additional trouble shooting steps towards fixing this issue.

Once a response has posted from Sears Experts, I will be reaching out to you via email.

Thanks again for taking the time to reach out and providing us the opportunity to help!