Question

Kenmore elite dryer model # 110.85088401 making odd noises when running. I pulled the back panel and cleaned it out and lubed the roller rods, checked the belt, it looks to be in good shape. The only other thing I\\\’m thinking is the motor making the noise? I have been told that most of the motors made in the last 10 years have sealed bearings and cannot be lubricated, so if they start making sounds its time to replace. Any suggestions on my next action would be greatly appreciated. I\\\’m not sure wether to replace the motor, belt, rollers, or all of them. The dryer is 5 years old and is used nearly every day. Thank you

Answers

2 answers

1. tyler23,
    I am sorry you are having a problem with the dryer. This model has a lower access panel. First, unplug the dryer and remove the access panel. Then plug the dryer back in and turn it on. While it is running, do not put your hands into the cabinet but try to pin point the noise. Once you think you have the noise pinpointed, unplug the dryer and inspect that area. If it sounds like it is coming from the motor area, I recommend removing the lint filter duct and cleaning the blower wheel. Over time, the blower wheel will build up with lint. If some of it comes off it will make an odd noise and vibrate. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks Mark

2. Thanks for posting the model number, tyler23! Check back soon for a reply from the Appliance Experts. They should be able to help! Thanks!

See More