Question

Kenmore HE2 dryer (#11087572601) runs but no heat. Fuse box/curcuits seem fine. 2-piece front panel is now off because we were going to replace the part the salesman sold us. Sales person sold us a Thermal Fuse # 3392519 but hubby does not think it is the right part for our problem. Hubby believes we need the thermal cutoff fuse kit instead. Any thoughts? Dryer is 6 yrs old.

Answers

2 answers

1. Hello kamijae. Your hubby is correct about needed the thermal cutoff fuse instead of the thermal fuse for that heating problem. The thermal fuse is in the motor circuit and would prevent the drive motor from running if it is blown. The thermal cutoff fuse is in the heating circuit. If that thermal cutoff fuse is blown, then the high limit thermostat is normally replaced at the same time. That high limit thermostat is normally included in the thermal cutoff fuse kit for that reason. You could also have a problem with the thermistor (temperature sensor) if the dryer is overheating. I recommend that you check the exhaust air flow vent duct system to the outside of your home due to this failure. If you have a problem with that exhaust air path that is unresolved, then you could continue to have problems after components are replaced in the dryer. I hope that this information helps. If you need more assistance, let us know.

2. Hi kamijae,

Welcome to MySears!

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with Kenmore dryer. I think an Appliance Expert can help in troubleshooting some options with you to help get your dryer back up and running.

Please check back shortly.

Thank you ;)

See More