Question

Kenmore Oven Model #790.92809014….Bought Oven in May ’12 and everything has worked fine upto a couple of weeks ago. Whenevr push Preheat the default 350deg comes up and takes about 7-10 minutes to preheat (works perfect). However, when i type in a setting and push start (like 430 deg), it take like an Hour and a half to heatup….And i dont see the red burners coming on like i see when using default of 350. Have unplugged and took off Back Panel to look for bad wires….Checking get some advice/info on fix

Answers

4 answers

1. That Sears Moderator was a Big Help;) Thxs for 2 responses, guess i will call My Home and get replaced....Thank U!

2. Hello CJenk. I agree with inquisitivemind's comments. It sounds like you have a problem with the electronic control board in the console control panel. Since the range is less than a year old (and I assume still under warranty), I recommend that you have a service technician examine and repair the range. You can call Sears at 1-800-469-4663 (1-800-4MY-HOME) to speak with an agent and arrange warranty service.

3. Check what the warranty information that came with the oven says. It is a year in the manual for this model that pulls up here:
    http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/lis_pdf/OWNM/1109779L.pdf
    Should you believe you are covered by the warranty why not call for the service, you have already paid for it?
    Good Luck

4. Hi CJenk! Thanks for posting your question tonight. That does seem like a long time for an almost new oven to heat up! I am sure one of the Appliance Experts can help troubleshoot your oven for you. Check back shortly for a reply.