Question

Lawn Mower issue and Sears/Craftsman do not stand behind products, WHY????

I purchased a Craftsman yt3000 riding mower in May of 2011. I ran the mower in the Summer only being in the Midwest. I had less than 25 hours on my mower when it started to fail. I made a call in early June of 2013 to Sears. I was told 4-5 weeks before a tech would be out. At any rate, I waited and waited until finally the tech came. The tech checked over my mower did a few things and said it was fine. He was nice enough to no charge me because he did no work. Well, come to find out that since he no charged it shows that I canceled, LOVELY. So, I call back in and complain then am told to wait another 4-5 weeks for tech to come out. I was beyond frustrated so I canceled and brought it to a local shop. The local tech informs me he thinks the transmission is out. So, finally after being completely irritated I call back into the snail they call Sears Customer Help. I then reach the first decent person I have dealt with and they set up another appointment. The Sears Tech comes out and tells me in 3 minutes my transmission is out and quotes me $1400 to fix a mower I didn’t even pay $1400 for. Oh, to top it off my warranty is out and it cost me $100 to have him come out. You can add that to the $250 I had to pay someone else to mow for me this Summer since I had no mower. So, I have a $1400 lawn ornament with 28 hours riding time on it. I am so disgusted with Sears and Craftsman that they do not stand behind their products one iota. What happened to Customer Loyalty????? I would have been a lifetime Sears Customer but now I will never step foot in a store again. The local store did nothing here as well. I am in utter shock at how horrid the service has been. Oh, they offered me 10% off parts……a savings of $90. What will Sears do to stand behind their products??????? What happened to taking care of a Customer?????

Answers

4 answers

1. Brian75, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We truly apologize for the mishaps you have experienced with your tractor. We can truly understand your frustrations getting the tractor repaired. We would be happy to have a case manager contact you and address your concerns. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Brian75), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you, Liz R. My Sears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-LizR

Thank you.

2. Hi there, Brian75! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry to hear not only that your tractor stopped working after not a lot of use and that you have had such troubles getting it repaired. A SearsCares team member would like to discuss your experience with you and do what they can to help get this all resolved.

A team member will reply right here in a bit. Once a they do, I will reach out to you via email so we can get the ball rolling on your tractor repair.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thank you for the prompt reply.

See More