Answers

3 answers

1. Welcome, PixyO! Thanks for your question today. Sears does not give an everyday military discount to their customers. They have a TON of amazing initiatives to assist with those who serve our country.

To name a few:
    • The Heroes at Home Program: includes the Wish Registry and working with Rebuilding Together to assist military families facing hardship.
    • Offer Military Pay Differential and Benefits Continuation for serving associates
    • Operation Purple: Through a grant of nearly $2.5 million to the National Military Family Association (NMFA), SHC was the exclusive sponsor of "Operation Purple Summer Camps," a series of camps for children of deployed military personnel.

Click here to be directed to the Sears Holdings military support site.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

I appreciate that your company offers those programs to veterans. In addition to that it would be nice if your company offered an everyday discount to veterans like Home Depot or Lowes does now. I was just doing some comparison shopping between Sears and Home Depot in order to update all my battery powered items (tools and outdoor equipment), and when I added up the total costs Sears actually had the better price but after I deducted the Home Depot military discount .. well I would be saving which was the deciding factor. As a veteran with over 22 years of service I'm curious how an American company with the Brand presence and recognition of Sears can't match two of their competitors pricing policies with respect to veterans discounts.

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hi jeherron2002!

Thank you for your feedback for we greatly appreciate your thoughts!

Sears Holdings Corporation is proud to support military veterans in a variety of ways as Julie has stated above. Sears also offers veterans a 10% discount on tools -- this discount has been extended through 2014. Simply present your military ID at the register to receive the discount.

I hope this helps a little for I am not sure if you had known of this discount too.

Thank you!

See More