Question

Multiple Charges on my account

On Friday November 29th, I purchased an item on Sears.com. I tried to place my order with my debit card, and both times it told me can not use this payment method please try another. So the 3rd try I used paypal and it went through. However, those first 2 charges have been processed on my bank account, even though no order was placed. I called customer service, and they said I should get the money credited back to me in 7-10 business days, but who knows if that will actually happen. They did not ask to look up any specific information, and just told me that.

Those 2 charges added up to $60.60. This may not seem like a lot, but I am in college, and like most college kids, I didn’t have $60 to waste unplanned while I wait 2 weeks for it to be given back to me because of YOUR website error. I just want to express my extreme displeasure and how put off I am at ever ordering anything off your website again.

Answers

2 answers

1. Tyler1210,
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your comment and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We thank you for posting about this matter regarding your online order. We can truly understand how frustrating this situation has been for you. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to look into this further and ensure that this concern is resolved in a timely manner. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Tyler1210), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    My Sears Community Moderator

2. Hi there, Tyler1210! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for posting on our community today. I am sorry to hear those charges went through without your knowledge. I am going to send this along to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. They will be happy to discuss your refund with you.

A team member will be by shortly requesting a bit more information. Once they respond, I will notify you via email with a link back to this thread.

Thanks!