Question

My craftsman garage remotes and number pad have stopped working. I changed batteries in all three. Now they only work occasionally. Any suggestions?

Answers

2 answers

1. Coke13,

I am sorry you are having a problem with the opener. If the remotes only work sometimes, I suspect there is an interference problem. I recommend trying a remote right under the opener. If it works more often, the problem is interference. Generally speaking a M18 Meter is needed to diagnose short range problems and to locate the direction of the source of interference. Outside sources of RF interference cause the range and random activation problems. Interference can also be caused by TV antenna amplifiers, battery chargers, micro-wave repeaters, wireless computer networks, cell phones, high voltage overhead power lines and transformers, and anything else that might emit an RF signal. (This is just a partial list).
    It may need a new Logic board if there is no RF interferences detected by the M18 meter.
    I recommend having a service technician come out to find the source of the interference. You can call 1-800-469-4663 to schedule service.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
    Mark

2. Hi Coke13! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for your question today. I am going to pass this along to the Garage Door Experts who can give you a suggestion or two on getting those remotes working. I have a feeling he will ask for your model number, which can ensure that you receive the most accurate answer.

An Expert will respond right here in a bit to help. Once he does, I will let you know via email to make certain you see his reply.

Thanks!