Question

My Craftsman ZTR lawn mow is broken – transmission I believe. I have called your repair service for 4 consecutive days to schedule an appointment to no avail. They say it has been referred to a technician by a caseworker but cannot give me contact information for either the caseworker or the technician. Order # is 40043749 I do not want this to turn into one of the customer service horror stories that I have read online trying to get help. Would someone please help me asap… the grass is growing… thank you

Answers

12 answers

• San Jose, CA

The manual mentions two rods that will temporarily disengage each transmission for moving the mower a short distance.

You may want to take a look in the manual that refers to these transmission rods to see if your mower is set to free-wheeling for some reason.

Good luck.

• San Jose, CA

Wow! That's quite an Owner's manual. The good news is that the various preventative maintenance expendable filters and spark plug is illustrated in the manual.

The interesting news is you have to really DIG through the manual to get the part numbers of the items, themselves, for ordering.

The maintenance kit you received was most probably one of the universal kits mentioned on the Sears Parts Direct site, for doing oil change type of maintenance on general types of Briggs & Stratton engine equipped machines.

The more involved work is finding the specific filters for the machine.

I never found the fuel filter (over 50 pages of English language manual.

However, I did find:

337 Plug-Spark 793541

445 Filter-Air Cleaner Cartridge 792105

967 Filter-Pre Cleaner 792303

1027 Filter-Oil 795890

My Craftsman tractor has the expendable parts listed on the inside/ right side of the tractor hood and is of tremendous use, come scheduled maintenance time.

Perhaps the MTD company has adopted the same maintenance strategy that the AYP company has used for years?

Good luck.

Hopefully, that generic oil filter that came with your Universal Care kit fits your machine.

Otherwise, you now have the part number of the oil filter, as called out inside of the MTD ZT Ride-on Mower's manual.

Good luck.

• San Jose, CA

What is the long model number of your ZTR mower?

1. 24725001

1. Dear mkeyser,
    We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Craftsman ZTR lawn mower. I certainly understand your frustration with having to be without a lawn mower and all that entails this time of year. I'm sorry that you haven't received better assistance when calling Sears to help with this issue. We would be happy to look into this situation further and offer our assistance to help get this issue resolved for you. We value your business very much and would like to connect you with a dedicated case manager who can help set you up with a technician and follow the service until it is complete. In addition, we'd appreciate the opportunity to address any other concerns you have with this lawn mower or with another Sears issue. Please send an email with your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please include your screen name (mkeyser) for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon. Thanks, Susan R., MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-SusanR

Thank you. I received a call from a caseworker (Shontel) who gave me contact information for my technician. I called him and he came by this afternoon to look at my lawnmower. He will need to order some parts. So, it looks like the situation is under control at the present time. Once again, Thank You.

2. Hi mkeyser! Welcome to MySears! I apologize that you are having such a difficult time getting your tractor scheduled for repair. We can help you get that appointment scheduled with a SearsCares team member.

Check back right here in a bit for a reply.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Well almost three weeks later and nothing has been done to fix my lawnmower. The contractor said that he ordered the needed part from Sears and it was to arrive on August 16th. I called him on the 17th and he said he had not received the part. I asked him for the order number and he said he could not find it. He said he would call me but has not. I am becoming quite frustrated. I need my lawn mower repaired or send me a new one. I understand that the contracter is not a Sears employee but the mower was bought and warranted by Sears. So, please take care of this as soon as possible. Thank you.

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hi mykeyser,

We thank you for taking the time to come back in and update your progress!

I have forwarded your concerns on this issue to our Sears Cares team so that they can help you further.

Thank you!

3. In response to SHC-JulieK

mkeyser,

We apologize that your issue has yet to be resolved. Looking into our records, it seems we have not received an email with your contact information. Please email smadvior@searshc.com with that information and we will call you to assist as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Brian H.
      MySears Community Moderator

4. In response to SHC-JulieK

Never mind. The contractor received the parts and came today and fixed the mower, Thank you.

5. In response to SHC-JulieK

That is great news!

We thank you for taking the time to come in and provide us with an update!

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you!

See More