Question

My garage door opener is on the same frequency as my neighbor. So every time he opens his garage with the remote my door open/closes. How do I change the frequency?

Answers

4 answers

1. I would suggest you check the owner's manual, page 19, for instructions on changing the code on the transmitter and then set the resiver code to match. If you do not have an owner's manual let me know and I will try to provide one and provide instructions on changing the codes.

2. My first suggestion would be to reprogram your opener. There are different styles of openers. Some would be programmed using dip switches while others would be programmed electronically. For the most accurate answer please reply with a model number or make. Thank you for using mySearscommunity.

1. In response to SHC-FredM

The model #139.53515SR

3. Hi Carpinello26!

Welcome to the MySears Forum!

Do you by chance know the model number? This information may be helpful for our Sears Experts to help you further with some trouble shooting tips to try.

Once a member from our Sears team responds, I will let you know via email with a link directing you back to this thread for further contact.

Thank you!