Question

My Garden Tractor will not start. It has been suggested the valves may need adjusting. It is a 917.274951 with a Kohler engine Model No. CV624-65577 does this sound like a common problem/fix for these engines

Answers

2 answers

1. Thank you for your question. A valve problem would most likely be the last possible cause of your problem. I suspect the problem is either gas or spark. I would suggest you start by removing the spart plug and see if you get any spark when you try to start the unit. You should also be able to tell if any fuel is reaching the spark plug. Start with the spark and fuel and then we will see if you need to talk about the valves.

2. Welcome, Lewis111! Thanks for posting your inquiry on the MySears Community today. One of the Lawn and Garden Experts will be able to offer up a suggestion or two on getting your mower started. We appreciate the detailed description of your tractor-that will help to accurately answer your question.

An expert will reply shortly. Once he does, I will send you an email alerting you of the response.

Thanks!