Question

My husband had called our local Sears here in Sequim, WA and asked some simple questions about Warrenty on our comapnys mower we bought a year ago. First the Manager was very snippy and rude to my husband for absoultly NO reason! Second my husband forgot the number for the Warrenty at home so he stopped in to ask for the number again. Heres where all **** broke loose: He walked in found the manager and was about to ask what the number was again and the manager started yelling at him! The manager got in my husbands face and just went off saying ” I already told you NO RETURNS ON MOWERS AFTER 30 DAYS!! OKAY?!!!” My husband was taken back! He could not believe that the manager or owner was yelling at him for simply asking for the 1-800 number again! We have a child and this is not something our child should ever be around! Please fix this matter ASAP!!!!! I will not return to our local Sequim Sears if this is how they treat their customers!

Answers

4 answers

• San Jose, CA

Sounds like the Lawn & Garden equipment "rental season" has begun and the equipment is being returned by folks just borrowing the use of the machines.

I'm sure you folks did nothing to warrant the reaction you got.

However, there is no TELLING what kind of return attempts had been done at the store, before your contacting the manager.

Sounds like it is someone's time to take a little break and shake off some of the return issues.

Have you ever received a vacuum cleaner return, for in-store evaluation, and found nothing inside of the box, save for some extra hoses and 2 x 4's to add weight to the box?

I have.

If you would like some suggestions on "breathing life" into your mower, go to the Craftsman Community web site, where there are helpful members that answer tool related questions and give maintenance tips, all of the time.

Some questions might include:

Was old gas sitting in the mower?

How long has the mower been dormant?

Has any preventative maintenance, outlined in the Owner's manual, been done to the machine, during the year of ownership?

Will the mower start at all?

Has the old fuel been drained and new fuel added to the mower?

Is the oil level doing well?

The questions all add up to the mower, hopefully, starting back up and grass being cut.

Good luck.

1. TheBaileys16, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalation team. I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are sorry to see that you had such an unpleasant experience at one of our Sears stores. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation to provide proper feedback and address any concerns you may have. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (TheBaileys16), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

2. Gas-powered equipment warranties for commercial purposes are no more than 90 days. The return period is 30 days if unopened. If it's been opened, it can only be exchanged during the first 30 days for the same or similar product. http://www.sears.com/csreturnspolicy/nb-120000000359321

3. Welcome, TheBaileys16! I am so glad you visited the MySears Community today so we could help address the issues you had at your local store. I am so sorry to hear you were treated that way, and that you were unable to have your questions answered regarding your warranty. I will be sure to send your feedback along to the Stores Team to let them know.

We also would like to get you in touch with the SearsCares team, who can help with any issues you are having with your mower, along with speaking to you about your store experience. They will do what they can to assist and make sure you are fully taken care of.

Check back right here in a bit for a response.

Thanks!

See More