Question

My Kenmore Elite bottom freezer(5 yrs old) has started to leave the inside lights off much of the time when opening the doors. The bottom freezer portion seems to be working fine. I’ve tried everything to fix the problem but have had no success. Changed lights, swapped lights, etc. The lights seem to be very hot and are on some times but not for very long. I would appreciate any insight to this problem. Are the lights possibly turning off when they get to hot? I noticed the switches above the doors do not turn off the lights when pushed in… is that working properly? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Can’t seem to POST this question! Have pushed the POST botton many times…. Help!

Answers

2 answers

1. Ed, The lights staying on all the time is something I have heard of before. Please reply with a model number for the best and most complete answer to this problem. The light switch should control the light on and off as the door is opened. Try activating the light switch manually and see if the lights consistantly come on and go off. The switch may not being hit consistantly causing the problem. Please reply with a model number so I can search service history for any known problem. Thank you for using mySearscommunity.

2. Hi there, EdSheaffer! Welcome to MySears! Sorry you were having trouble posting-looks like it worked for you, though! I am sure the Appliance Experts can help troubleshoot the issues you are having with your refrigerator. If you could also let us know the model number of the fridge, that will help them to more accurately diagnose the problem.

Check back right here in a bit. A team member will respond shortly with a suggestion or two!

Thanks!