Question

My Kenmore Elite Microwave Model 88523 started to run when the door wasn’t closed tightly!!! NOT HAPPY! My son and I were very close to the appliance when it was open and running. Please advise. I only purchased this last year from my local Sears store.

Answers

2 answers

1. Hello Moods. I understand your concern about that dangerous situation with your microwave. The microwave has several internal components that will normally prevent the unit from starting unless the door is properly closed. Your microwave apparently has some failed safety components. I recommend that you unplug the microwave and have it serviced by a technician. You can call Sears at 1-800-469-4663 (1-800-4MY-HOME) to set up a repair visit.

2. Hi Moods,

Thank you for posting about your Kenmore Microwave. I completely understand how this would cause major concerns while the door is open.

I am going to have one of our Sears Appliance Experts help in providing some troubleshooting suggestions. Please check back periodically and one of our Experts will provide a response or ask a few more questions in regards to the microwave.

Thank you!

See More