Question

my Kenmore Elite model 106.5896*702 refrigerator died and I need to know if it’s cheaper to buy another rather than repair this one?

Answers

4 answers

1. When you say it "died," what, exactly, do you mean? Is it not cold in the refrigerator? Is the compressor not running at all? Is there warm air circulating inside? Does it not defrost properly in the freezer? If you could be more specific, it would help narrow down what the issue might be.

1. In response to BlueCrewGuyInMA

The inside stopped all together including the control temperature lights inside but the water lights on the outside are still on.
      No air is circulating at all or any sound from the back.
      It is silent.

Thanks

2. Hi Virtu,

Its great to have you with us in the MySears Community!

We would be very happy to help in answering your questions. But first, we will need to get you a Sears Appliance Expert who will be able to provide you with the exact information you need in helping to make a decision.

Please check back shortly for a reply on this post so that we can help you further.

Thank you ;)

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I know it's frustrating when the refrigerator stops cooling. This type of problem normally indicates the control board has failed. Sometimes however, it can be reset. To reset the control, disconnect the power for 30 seconds and then reconnect it. If it still won't run and the control still won't respond, the board will probably need to be replaced. I would recommend having a technician make this repair. You can call 1-800-469-4663 to schedule a tech to come out. I hope this will help you.

See More