Question

My Kenmore freezer just started “tripping the circuit breaker” at the master panel. No other circuits are tripping. there is no sign of water anywhere. What can be causing this?

Answers

2 answers

1. Hello jlshull1956. I am sorry to hear about this problem that you are having with the freezer. You could have a short circuit in the wiring or one of the components. A problem with the compressor could also cause the breaker to trip. If the freezer is plugged into an outlet with GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) protection, then you may need to try plugging it into a circuit with the regular time delay circuit breaker protection. Some freezers may cause a "nuisance" trip of the GFCI circuit when contacts or relays close in order to start the compressor. It is likely that you will need to have a service technician examine the freezer since it is tripping the breaker. You can call Sears at 1-800-469-4663 (1-800-4MY-HOME) to set up service. Post that model number for your freezer if you need more help and we will try to assist you further.

2. Hi jlshull1956! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for posting your question today. Can you also let us know the model number of your freezer? That will be helpful to pinpoint your problem efficiently. We can have an Appliance Expert share a few suggestions with the information you provided, though. Check back soon for a reply.

See More