Question

My Kenmore HE Frontloader washer does not clean my clothes. I need to write to someone who cares???

Answers

23 answers

1. I am amazed at how many posts I see on the internet from unhappy people with Kenmore front load washers. Mine has never cleaned my clothes. I have owned it for 3 years. In the first 1.5 years, I had at least 4 service technicians give me different advice. After gunk building up in the washer from poor rinsing in the cycle, I found streaks on my clothing. So, for a long period of time, I had to check every item of clothing before I dried it to make sure it didn't get the gunk on it in the washer. If I wash very small loads (4 towels is a maximum), it seems to rinse properly. After the first 1.5 years, Sears agreed to replace the washer but only with the same model. I thought it was worth a try. This one does the same thing and now we are out of warranty. It is also unbelievable that when I called at the beginning of this process I was treated as if they had never heard of my issue. At this point, we are shopping for a new washer and horribly upset to have to spend the money again.

• San Jose, CA

Have you followed the trouble-shooting recommendations in the fabric section of your machine's Owner's manual?

That is an excellent place to start.

1. Yes, I tried everything you can imagine. I have spoken to representatives and tried everything they suggest.

2. Lisa666, I saw your comment today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We are sorry for the troubles you have encountered with your washer. We can truly understand your frustrations with the washer not meeting your expectations. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to look into this further and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Lisa666), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking to you soon. Thank you, Liz R. My Sears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-LizR

Hi Liz. I am so grateful. You have no idea how frustrated I am. I have already emailed Kenmore on quite a few occasions but I never received a response. I have spoken with so many representatives, both at the store, and at Kenmore Connect. Nothing I have done has resolved my problem. Thank you so much. I have sent the email as you requested. Lisa666

2. In response to SHC-LizR

Hi Liz. I just want to let you know that I have sent the information you told me to send to smadvisor@searshc.com, and I have not heard from anyone yet. Sorry to sound so impatient, but I can't even begin to tell you how frustrated I am on a daily basis because of this problem. My clothes just are not clean. They smell so badly, no matter what I do. It is awful. And the suggestion to refer to my manual is a big insult to me. Of course, I referred to my manual. That is the first thing I did.

3. In response to SHC-LizR

Dear Lisa666,

We do apologize for the problems with your washer. We're sorry that we need to ask to re-send your information again. Our records don't indicate that your information was received, and we're afraid that such information may have been lost during our servers updates. Our goal is to make sure our members are taken care of as well as putting an end to your frustrations. Please re-send the following information – contact #, screen name (Lisa666), your phone # used at time of purchase, and case number to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,
      Edwin C.
      MySears Community Moderator

4. In response to SHC-LizR

Hi I will do that but I am unsure what you mean by Case Number?? As far as I know, a case number has not been assigned to me. Thank you.

5. In response to SHC-LizR

Hi Lisa666! I sent your inquiry on the team. I will make sure they reach out! Keep us posted!

6. In response to SHC-LizR

Hi Liz. I still have not heard a thing.

7. In response to SHC-LizR

Still nothing, Edwin.

3. Hi Lisa666! Welcome to MySears! I am sorry to hear your washer is not meeting your expecations. I am going to pass this along to the SearsCares team. They will be happy to discuss your concerns with you.

Check back right here in a bit for a response from a team member. They will be by shortly requesting more information to directly connect with you.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

I have not received a reply, only an insult that I should check my manual, which of course I already did.

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thanks for the update, Lisa666! I have sent your concern on to the team. Look to hear from someone soon!

3. In response to SHC-JulieK

I really thought I was going to get some answers here, but I still have not heard a thing.

4. In response to SHC-JulieK

UPDATE!!! I received a call today from Sears Executive Office and I have a technician coming out on September 17, 2013. I appreciate that a tech will come out, but I think it will be a waste of time. My washing machine has been making my clothes smell like "wet dog" since I first got it. I have tried everything to changing detergents, cleaning my machine both by hand and running through a cycle with washing machine cleaner. Leaving the door open. I have tried to not use fabric softener. I have used both liquid and non-liquid HE detergent and have switched brands so many times. Nothing has made a difference. I even use dryer sheets in my dryer and then spray the clothing with Febreeze after they come out of the dryer. None of this has made a difference. We shall see what happens, I will keep you posted.

5. In response to SHC-JulieK

Lisa666,

We're glad we could get in touch with you. Please be sure to keep us and your case manager updated if you have any additional concerns until this is resolved.

Thank you,

Brian H.

6. In response to SHC-JulieK

I wanted to update my case. The technician came out yesterday and stayed for about forty minutes. He said my machine is clean, running perfectly, and I am doing everything right as far as how I use it. He said the machine has no odor whatsoever. His only suggestion for the "stink" in my clothes is that the HE Frontloader only uses 11.2 gallons of water for an entire load. He told me I will never get that "downy fresh" smell again using this machine. There is nothing I can do about this, it is just the way it is. I can hardly believe that Kenmore/Sears would make a washing machine that does not clean your clothes. The tech said what I am smelling is "bacteria". I am astounded and shocked and it is beyond awful that this product, which cost me over $600.00, does not get my clothes clean and this is supposed to be acceptable?? Now what? Any suggestions?

7. In response to SHC-JulieK

FURTHER UPDATE!! My case manager, Michelle, was supposed to get in touch with me after the tech/repair man came out. I never heard from her. So frustrated with Sears. Never want to deal with them again.

8. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hi Lisa666! Thanks for letting us know! I will forward this on to be sure she reaches out.

Thanks!

9. In response to SHC-JulieK

Dear Lisa666,

We apologize for the continued frustration. Our records do show that your issue has been assigned to a case manager, and that case manager has attempted to reach you multiple times at the contact number you provided. We will have your case manager follow up with you again tomorrow, and hopefully get this issue corrected.

Thank you,
      Brian S.

10. In response to SHC-JulieK

My case manager got in touch with me and told me she was going to look into some things and get back to me the following week. She never did. I have called her on several occasions. The latest call to her extension was met with a different message, a different person, so I left another message. I received a message from yet another person named Miguel and when I called his extension, I was met with a message from a woman's voice. I have no idea who my case manager is and why this is taking months and months to resolve. I am so unhappy.

11. In response to SHC-JulieK

Lisa666,
      We are very sorry to hear of your continued frustrations regarding your washer. We have forwarded your post over to your case management team for contact. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused you.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.
      My Sears Community Moderator