Question

My Kenmore Range started flashing an F10 error code a few days ago. We couldn’t get it to turn off no matter how many times we tried. Stove kept getting hotter and I was afraid it was going to start a fire. I finally had to unplug it to get it to stop. This seems like quite a dangerous problem and I’m not sure I want to spend money to get it fixed. Many online say that they have replaced parts and it still gives the Error Code. Shouldn’t this stove be recalled, since it is a fire hazard? I can’t get any help from Customer Service since the stove is out of warranty. Is there someone I can talk to about this issue?

Answers

2 answers

1. Dear HockeyGuy,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We understand the concern that is being expressed with the stove not shutting off without being unplugged. This is a concern for us as well. We are more than happy to speak with you and discuss some options that are available to assist you with resolving this issue as quickly as possible. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (HockeyGuy), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com and we’ll be in touch. We look forward to assisting you!

Thank you,
    Misty H.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi there, HockeyGuy! Welcome to MySears! I am sorry to hear you have had problems with your range. We can certainly get you in touch with someone right here on the community to discuss this further.

Check back in a bit for a reply from a SearsCares team member. They will reach out to directly assist.