Question

my kenmore topload washer shakes really bad in the spin cycle. (mod#110.24932202)

i have checked the suspension springs, bumper pads etc.

Answers

5 answers

1. As BillW suggested checking the rear self leveling legs is a good place to start especially if the washer was moved just before the problem started. Something use to consider are the suspension springs and counterweight spring. There are 3 suspension springs and one counterweight spring. If the problem started suddenly then one of the springs may have broken or come loose. This can be a do-it-yourself check if you feel so inclined.

1. In response to SHC-FredM

Have same problem after moving washing machine.
      Don't hear any click and leveling device moves up and down but does not lock in place. ?

2. In response to SHC-FredM

fixiter: Without having the model number of your top load washer, I can't be certain if it has the rear self-leveling legs. If it does, tilt the top of the washer forwards in order to lift the rear legs off the floor about 2 inches and let it drop back down. You will not hear any clicks. Both rear legs will seek the level position providing the front two legs are level from side to side.

2. Hi tole16,
    If the washer is really shaking badly in spin, try this, When the washer is empty lean the washer forward from the wall until you hear the rear self-leveling legs click. Then sit the washer back down on the rear legs. This should level the washer and help balance the spin cycle of the machine.

3. Hi tole16,

Thank you for joining the MySears Community and posting your question with us today.

We appreciate you providing the model number for this will help our Sears Appliance Expert in providing you with some trouble-shooting tips.They will be able to help pinpoint what the cause of this issue is.

Please check back periodically for one of our Experts will respond to you question.

Thank you!

See More