Question

My lawn tractor (917289280) starts and rides well but when engaged it stalls and stops. Does anyone have an idea?

Answers

2 answers

1. edwin1857
    I am sorry you are having this problem. If the engine keeps running when you release the clutch, I suspect the seat switch is working fine. If the engine only stalls when you engage the blades I recommend checking for something jammed in the blades. To do this, you need to part the tractor on a hard level surface and remove the key. Then raise the mower deck to the highest position. With a gloved hand, try to turn the blades. They should turn but have some resistance. If you can turn them, they are not jammed. If they are fine, try to turn all the idler pulleys on the top of the deck. They should turn freely. If they are fine, check the operation of the tractor. If it still stalls, I recommend removing the mower deck belt. With it removed start the tractor and engage the blades. If the engine still stalls the tractor has an electrical problem. Once to the safety switches or wires are defective. Please let me know what you find. I will be happy to assist you further. Thank you Mark T.

2. Hi there, edwin1857! Thanks so much for posting your question today and including that model number. The Lawn and Garden experts will be able to help you figure out what is going on with your tractor. Check back in a bit for an answer.

Thanks!

See More