Question

My MAH8700AWN front loading washing machine throws e3 codes. How do I determine whether it is the control board or the hall effect device that is “integral” (poor design) to the motor that failed? It should be one of these two items however I do not know how to determine which is the bad part.

Answers

2 answers

1. Hello FailedAppliance. I recommend that you check that spin basket to make sure that it does not have any unusual resistance. It should spin freely. You can unplug the washer and check the wire harness connections between the hall sensor on the motor and the main machine control board. You can check the continuity of the wire harness using a volt/ohm meter. You should measure near zero ohms of resistance through the wires. The wire connections on the wire harness disconnect plugs should be checked for problems. I am not aware of a specific test that will determine whether the hall sensor on the motor or the main machine control board is causing the E3 code. If the wiring connections are okay, then the next step in troubleshooting this problem is to replace the motor (which includes the hall sensor).

2. Hi FailedAppliance! Thanks for posting the model number. We can have an Appliance Expert help figure this out with you. Check back on this thread shortly for a response. Thanks!

See More