Question

My microwave quit after 14 months, had no extended warranty. Is Sears going to do the right thing and fix it for free or am I out of luck?

Answers

4 answers

1. daleglide,

My name is David and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are truly sorry for the difficulties you have encountered with your microwave. We certainly can see why you are upset over what has occurred. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (daleglide), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

• San Jose, CA

They DID the right thing when a replacement or repair agreement was offered with the sale of the microwave.

That's how the retailer absorbs the cost of manufacturing "lemons" and units that may have had "harder use" than designers expected.

2. You are going to be out of luck

3. Welcome, daleglide! Thanks for posting your question today. I am sorry to hear your microwave is no longer working. I can get you in touch with the SearsCares team, who will be happy to discuss this with you. They will respond right here on this thread in a bit. I will reach out shortly once they do so you can directly connect with them.

Thanks!

See More