Question

My mother in law had Sears build a deck on their house about 22 years ago in Maryland. Sears contracted the deck out to another company. Well Sears stopped building and/or contacting decks & the company that built the deck is not longer in business! But the $10,000.00 they paid for the deck to be built was paid directly to Sears. They had a 30 year warrant on the wood & the deck has now completely rotted out and fallen in. We have tried to contact Sears to find out what to do or who to go through and no one is helping! Please advise if there is anything you can let us know before we file a complaint with the BBB. I really wouldn’t want to do that!

Answers

6 answers

1. PamelaMays,
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. I am very sorry to see that your mother in law had such a disappointing experience with her deck. It is frustrating enough to have issues with the deck, much less having problems with finding answers when contacting us. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (PamelaMays), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Social Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-LizR

Thank you for your help! I will print this out & give it to my mother in law to contact you!

2. In response to SHC-LizR

I'm wondering about how long will it take someone to contact us in regards to this thread. I sent an email yesterday with all the details & was wondering the time frame we will be looking at to hear from someone! Thanks!

3. In response to SHC-LizR

Hello PamelaMays, My name is Christine and I am also a member of the Sears Cares Escalation team. We have received your email with your provided contact information and have forwarded it to our case management team. As soon as a case manager is available, we will be reaching out to contact you. Thank you for the opportunity to assist! ~ Christine MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi PamelaMays! I am so glad you visited our Community with your question before heading to the BBB. Our SearsCares team can look into this for you and do what they can to help. Check back on this thread soon for a reply from them.

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thank you for your response! She is very eager to try and resolve this! Please forward me any contact information so that I can forward it to her.

See More