Question

My mother-n-law (Benita ****) was having a problem with one of her garage door openers she had originally purchased from Sears some time ago. She went to Sears (Lincoln Park, MI) store to purchase a new one and was told she had to order one. The salesperson ordered one for her at the store and she paid for it in the amount of $28 cash, this was on November 7th. Ten days later she went back to the store, because she waited on the phone for over an hour for an answer as to where her order was. This second trip to the store (and we know what time of the year it is) took two and one half hours to get helped. The Manager told her then it was still ordered and he would have the item shipped to the store and call her when it came in. Well… we went back to the store on November 28th to cancel the order and get a refund. It took about another hour to get nowhere. We were told the order could not be refunded to her at the store (Lincoln Park, MI) where she originally placed and paid for the item. WHAT!!!??? Also we were told the item was not available… WHAT!!?? So Sears took my Mother-n-Laws money and ordered her an item she would not get. Information is as follows: SALESCHECK #012501063216 DATE: 11/7/2012

She just wants a refund of the cash she paid for the item she did not receive.

Answers

2 answers

1. blue3533,
    I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am very sorry to hear on the mishap with your Mother-in-law’s garage door opener. I can see how frustrating it is to purchase a garage door opener and find out the item was unavailable. Even more, I understand how disappointing it can be not receive much help from one of our Sears stores. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your experience. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your (MySears) screen name (blue3533) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank, you Liz R. My Sears Social Media Moderator, Sears Social Media Support

2. Hi blue3533! We are glad you stopped by the MySears Community with your concern with your mother-in-law's order and this experience at your local store today. Check back on this thread soon for a reply from a SearsCares team member to help with your refund or even see if they can get the order out to her.

See More