Question

My mother purchased a Kenmore refrigerator with an extended warranty, that is still under warranty. Now the ice maker has been broken for several weeks and she is getting nothing but excuses from our local Sears store about getting it replaced. Can you help us get this matter resolved? She was told it wasn’t a high priority, but it seems to me an 80+ year old couple having to run to the store on a daily basis for ice should be a priority. By the way, she also just purchased a new washing machine last week at the same store, evidently, loyalty means nothing Sears though.

Answers

3 answers

1. Dear 4upsetdaughters,

My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We apologize for the level of customer service rendered at one of our stores and how it was handled in reference to the repair of your mother’s refrigerator Ice maker. We would like to speak to you and offer our assistance to make sure this matter is handled properly and taken care of in a timely manner. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (4upsetdaughters), your mother’s phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,
    Edwin C.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi 4upsetdaughters! Thanks so much for posting your question on the MySears Community today. We can absolutely connect you with the SearsCares team. They will follow up with you to help get that ice maker repaired. Check back right here in a bit for a response requesting more information so they can directly be in contact to assist.

Thanks!

• San Jose, CA

Other folks are posting with problems getting service on their whole fridge fixed to keep their food cool.

The ice maker is not working on your fridge, with the freezer compartment capable of keeping bagged ice frozen.

With a greater demand for refrigeration repair, maybe keeping the food cold and frozen stuff frozen is a higher priority than the ice maker malfunctioning?

With the understanding that any malfunctioning ice makers STILL need to be on the "to be serviced SOON" list in your area.