Question

my new kenmore fridge( Nov 2012) has broken water line under and inside it, ti has flooded my basement ceiling causing extensive damage, what do i do now! i have a sears tech coming july 27 to confirm the problem

Answers

4 answers

1. davedorff,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. We're sorry to hear about your fridge leaking. I can certainly understand your concern with any damage that may have been caused. We'd like to make sure that this situation is resolved as soon as possible and to your complete satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (davedorff) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we have caused and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-BrianH

my current phone 440-3**-****
      my name Dave ****
      phone number when fridge was purchased 440-7**-****
      the water out line from solenoid to the freezer is the broken one, sears tech was here the 19th of july because it quit making ice, will be back tuesday the 30th with another solenoid, i checked the fridge after tearing off ceiling to find the leak could not believe the leak in the fridge was directing over a hole in the floor that was there when we moved in in Nov 2012,hence no sign of water on the kitchen floor.
      thanks
      Dave

• San Jose, CA

Hopefully, you've SHUT OFF the water being supplied to your fridge.

Who installed the fridge's water line?

Has the source of the leak been identified?

Is the water filter installed and seated in properly?

Some preparation before the service technician comes out could go a long way in making the call a one-visit solution to your leaking problem.

Good luck.

2. Hi davedorff!

Thank you for sharing your concerns in the MySears Community!

I am sorry to hear that the waterline has cased this sort of damage to your home.

In helping your further, I have escalated to our SearsCares team so that they may help in providing you the information needed on this issue.

Please check back periodically for a response.

Thank you!