Question

My new Sears Elite range was delivered and installed a week ago. Soon after the installer left I discovered that the metal Sears Elite logo attached to range door was upside down. I called Sears service department today and was told Sears would not rearrange the logo because there is no malfunction. This is premium product for which a paid a premium price. They said that Sears could send a technician to rearrange the logo but I would have to pay 75 dollars. They implied that my claim was frivolous and suggested that I called Electrolux because they actually manufactured my range. Your service department is appalling.Can you help me fix that issue under warranty?

Answers

3 answers

1. Dear adiluigi,

My name is Susan with the Sears Cares Escalations team. We're sorry that you had a difficult time when speaking with our service group regarding the emblem on your new range. We would like to offer the assistance of a dedicated case manager who can help resolve the issue with your range. We're also sorry that the Associate you spoke with made you feel that your issue was frivolous. We value your business very much and want you to know that each and every issue you may have with Sears is important to us. Please send an email with your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please include your screen name (adiluigi) for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,

Susan R.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Manufacturer's warranties generally do not cover cosmetic defects. If there were a functional failure, the manufacturer's standard limited 1 year warranty would cover that. Cosmetic defects are covered by the Master Protection Agreement. However, if a cosmetic defect is noticed, it's recommended to call the delivery department as soon as possible, so they might be able to exchange it. Usually it needs to be within the first three days, but as this is something that is not a scratch or dent, but a logo being upside-down (not exactly the kind of thing that happens incidentally due to use or being around people), they might be able to help you. When someone from the Customer Care Team contacts you on this thread, give them the information they request.

3. Hi, adiluigi. Welcome to MySears! I will have our Sears Customer Care Team reach out to you for assistance with this. Please check back here for a message from the Customer Care Team soon.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out!

See More