Answers

3 answers

1. This type of noise is generally associated with water pressure. Check to make sure the water supply line is not kinked. The water supply valve may also need to be checked. This is generally caused by high water pressure. I would recommend having the water pressure to the refrigerator checked. You can call 1-800-469-4663 to schedule a tech to come out. I hope this will help you.

2. Hi Question-1,

Thank you for providing the additional information in your second post. This will be quite helpful for our Sears Appliance Experts to help in answering these questions for you.

I can completely understand how this noise might become annoying. I have reached out to our Sears Appliance Experts and provided them with your information to see if they can help in providing some troubleshooting tips to help in fixing this issue.

Once they reply I will be contacting you via email.

Thank you for reaching out in the MySears Community!

3. Here is some additional information about the appliance. It is a Kenmore model 106.5113, with a build in icemaker. It seems like whenever the appliance is filling the icetrays with water, there is a loud screaching noise.