Question

My new washer, top loading Model 26002012, clothes come out very wet even on high spin, mainly dungarees and towels why?

I am not overloading, only two of us. Is this normal for the non agitator models?

Answers

3 answers

1. The 26002 is designed to have a top spin speed of 800 RPM, so things like jeans and towels should be damp but not sopping wet. If your washer is not wringing water from these articles as it should, I'd recommend having a technician investigate the issue. Lyle is correct that the clothes may be causing an unbalanced situation in the washer, though that machine is designed to adjust itself automatically when such unbalance occurs, so I don't think that should be an issue. I'd recommend calling 800 469 4663 and have a technician take care of this for you.

2. Hello Dodee. That is not normal for the non agitator models. I recommend that you check the load to see if it may be unbalanced in that situation. If the clothes are all gathered on one side of the spin basket, then you can redistribute the clothes evenly in the basket and run a drain/spin cycle to see if the washer spins the clothes dry. This may resolve the problem if an unbalanced load is causing your problem when washing dungarees and towels. If that does not help, then you may need to have the washer examined by a service technician. You can call Sears at 1-800-469-4663 (1-800-4MY-HOME) for service.

3. Hi Dodee! Thanks for posting your question today. That does sound unusual for a washer to have the clothes come out so wet. I am going to send this along to an Appliance Expert to get some help for you. Check back on this thread soon for a reply.