Question

my snow blower attachment 486.248371 auger belt shakes when engaged and after a while comes of the back pulley. Using belt 47846 chain is pulled through and pinned on the end of spring. Did not do last year Shakes whole machine.

Answers

9 answers

1. I have a problem with auger belt slipping.so snow is not thrown far at all.
    Then the belt snaps. Have been through 2 belts in two storms. Getting expensive an frustrating.
    Snow blowed this morning for 20 minutes and snap. Snow was light and fluffy too.
    What can be causing this? I am not experiencing any shaking.

1. In response to Bgb66

Hi Bgb66!

Is this issue with the same make and model? This information may be helpful to our Sears Lawn and Garden Experts.

Please know I will be reaching out via email to let you know when a response post and providing a link back for contact.

Thank you!

2. In response to Bgb66

I'm sorry you are having this problem with your snowthrower. When a belt continues to come off or break, there is usually something wrong with a pulley or a belt keeper. Look closely at the pulleys and idlers to see if a grove has been worn into one side of the pulley. Check the bearings on the idler pulleys. If they feel rough or have play in the bearings, replace the pulley. Unless you feel very confident in making this repair, I recommend having a technician make this check and repair. You can call 1-800-469-4663 to schedule a tech to come out.

2. Thenk you for the question. I am sorry for the problem with the unit. From the description you give I suspect one of the bearings is the problem. One of the bolts holding the bearing housing may have come loose. You do not mention any problems with the clutch tightening the belt around the pulley. Your best option would be to have the machine checked and serviced by a technician.

1. In response to SHC-FredM

I believe you are right as the idler bracket assembly wobbles very much which of course makes one of the idler pulleys also wobble with it. That should not be a loose connect should it?

2. In response to SHC-FredM

The pulley should not wobble. From the description you give I suspect the bearing is the problem. There are 2 741-0919 bearings. I would suggest both be replace. Both bearings are the same part.

3. In response to SHC-FredM

I am ordering parts and it describes an idler bracket assembly. Does that include other parts of just the idler bracket?

http://download.sears.com/own/spin_prod_674132601.pdf
      Item #9 says assembly and I also a need pulley #53 but not sure if it comes as an assembly or what?

4. In response to SHC-FredM

The idler bracket assembly # 63762 and the pulley # 48883 are separate parts and will not come as an assembly. I hope this helps you.

3. Hi 47arlene! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for posting your question today. I am sure the Lawn and Garden Expert will be able to help troubleshoot this attachment for you. He will be by in a bit with an answer. Once he responds, I'll be sure to send you an email letting you know.

Thanks!

See More