Question

My vacuum was damaged by Sears Service Center and they refuse to take responsibility and exchange it for a new one. What can I do about this?

I bought my Kenmore vacuum from Sears in April 2011 along with a 5 year service plan. I brought my vacuum in for routine maintenance this September. When the vacuum was returned to me there were several scuff marks on it as well as a fair amount of grime on the wheels. I contacted the service center about this and they asked me to take pictures of the damage and email it to them. I did this and they then asked me to send the vacuum back to the service center. I was then called and asked why the vacuum was returned. My vacuum was sent back to me with nothing done. I returned it for the 3rd time after the service center requested I yet again return it. Almost 3 weeks went by with no word. I called into the Service Center and was told there was nothing wrong with my vacuum. I again explained the situation and was told I would be contacted back with an answer in 48 hours. I emailed the service center a few days later and was told my vacuum would be returned and cleaned as much as possible and that my service plan did not cover cosmetic damage (I was not the one who scuffed and put grime on my vacuum). I was offered a $25 gift certificate to Sears. When I picked up my vacuum today, it had a fair amount of grime on it. No additional cleaning was done.

I complained about this situation on Twitter and was contacted by a representative who said he would “look into” the situation. He emailed me two days later with an offer of a $40 gift card or 15% off my next Sears purchase.

I don’t want a gift card or a discount. I want Sears to take responsibility for the damage they did to my vacuum and replace it with a new one. I have been treated very unfairly in the situation. It has caused me a great deal of aggravation.

Fahad

Answers

11 answers

1. Fjavaid78,
    We are very sorry to hear of your continued frustrations regarding your vacuum repair. We have forwarded your post over to your case manager for review. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused you.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    My Sears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-LizR

I look forward to hearing from the case manager very soon.

2. In response to SHC-LizR

I have yet to hear from anyone about this issue. I hope I will be contacted shortly.

Fahad

2. Hi fjavaid78! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on MySears! I am sorry to hear about your vacuum cleaner repair. I can pass your concerns on to SearsCares who can follow up on your case with you.

A team member will visit shortly requesting that you directly contact them. Once a response is posted, I will reach out to you via email with a link included directing you back to this thread.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

I look forward to speaking with them.

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hi fjavaid78,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the failed communications; we realize in order to properly address your concern communication is key. We will forward your post to our case management team and request follow up contact directly.

Thank you,

Brian R.
      Social Media Moderator
      Sears Social Media Support

3. In response to SHC-JulieK

I am eager to hear from them. I hope it is soon.

4. In response to SHC-JulieK

It's been 2 weeks now since I posted this and I have yet to hear from anyone as I was promised.

5. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thanks for letting us know, fjavaid78! I have passed your comments along to the team.

6. In response to SHC-JulieK

fjavaid78,

Thank you for your post. We apologize that your issue has yet to be resolved. We have forwarded your post on to our case management team.

Thank you

Jack C.
      MySears Community Moderator

7. In response to SHC-JulieK

This is now the 5th time I've been told that. How many times do you the forward/pass on the message before someone calls me?