Question

My washing machine model # 11029522801 fills with water and then just makes a humming noise and dims the lights in the house, I have already replaced the motor and capacitor but that did not fix the problem, what else could it be?

could it be the timer because I see a bright flash when I click it to the run position?

Answers

3 answers

1. You could have a problem with the wiring or the transmission. A problem with the timer could be causing your failure. Check to see if the motor will run in the spin mode. Unplug the washer and check the wiring connections on the motor and the timer. Check the motor to make sure that it is installed properly. If you get to the point where you need to have a technician examine the washer, you can schedule service by calling Sears at 1-800-469-4663 (1-800-4MY-HOME). Post additional details if you need more help with this problem.

1. In response to SHC-LyleW

the gearbox seems good and the timer is good. But it seems like the pump is locked up, is that possibly the problem.

2. Hi jallisonjr6761! Thanks for posting your model number with your question today. I am sure an Appliance Expert can help with this! Check back on this thread soon for a reply.