Question

Need assistance from escalation team to replace a defective refrigerator since July. Refrigerator has defective sealed system.

We need assistance from your escalation team to replace a defective and un-repairable Kenmore Elite refrigerator. We are extremely frustrated that we been given the run around by your customer care staff, technicians, store staff and STET (technician’s support team) since July. The refrigerator’s sealed system has failed (documented by Sear’s technician). Every part that can be replaced to fix the sealed system has been done (multiple times). The refrigerator was finally “Tagged” to be replaced on October 14. Technician documented this and he got approval from STET. STET referred us to Customer Care (while the technician was on site) who gave us a case ID, approval and dollar figure to go to a store and select a replacement. Per Customer Care guidance we called back to give them the information for the replacement and to our dismay we were told that we needed another service visit and STET needed to provide additional approval. After a long discussion and no customer solution we relented to another visit. A tech arrived today and he confirmed with STET again the refrigerator’s sealed system was broken and un-repairable. STET told the tech to plug the refrigerator and leave and refused to “Tag” it. This truly reflects poorly on Sears and it’s responsibility to care about the customer following the process. We ask that your team help us in resolving this matter in honoring the warranty.

Answers

2 answers

1. Raval76, M
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your comment and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are very sorry to hear that you are having such a frustrating experience with your refrigerator. We can truly understand how discouraging this situation has been for you. We would be happy to have a case manager contact you and discuss available options to help resolve this matter. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (raval76), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    My Sears Community Moderator

2. Hi raval76,

Thank you for reaching out to us today in regards to the issue you are having with the repair of your refrigerator. I am very sorry to hear that this issue has not been resolved.

I would like to get you in touch with the Sears Cares team to see if they can help you further on this issue. This team will do what they can to help by working with you in getting this issue resolved.

Once a team member responds I will reach out via email to let you know that a response has posted.

Thank you!