Question

New LG refrigerator – door panel not lighting – can’t access water, features, etc. Worked, then stopped

Installed correctly & worked well. Other day, came home from work & nothing. Refrigerator itself works, but no door panel controls.

Answers

3 answers

1. Hi LynneGG, I am sorry tou are having problems with your new refrigerator. From what you are saying the display panel may be in the lock out mode, this depends on the model. Another issue is the that if the door was removed to get the unit into your home the door connector may have come loose and you have lost power to the door. The connectors ar at the top on the doors under the hinge cover. This connector is the left hand doo hinge cover. You would need to disconnect the power from the refrigerator and then remove the cover to reseat the connectors. If this fauls to correct the problem please call 1-888-266-6317 and have a technician out to correct the problem. Bill

1. In response to SHC-BillW

It is an LG fridge - 24.6 cu. ft. CounterDepth French Door BottomFreezer Refrigerator Stainless Steel. The unit worked fine for about 2 weeks, so I doubt that the problem is related to installation. It appears as though chip or something was bad - it just stopped working altho refrigerator itself is working. "Talked" with someone via your chat feature, and he said to basically reboot - turn off electricity, then turn back on. My contractor is doing this today. Don't know if it fixed problem. Will pass your info along as well.

2. Hi there, LynnGG! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for your question today. I am sure an Appliance Expert can help answer this for you. If you could also post the model number of your fridge, that would be helpful to determine exactly what is going on with that door panel.

An Expert will reply right here in a bit. Once he posts, I will send you an email notifying you so you can check the answer.

Thanks!