Question

On July 3rd Sears installed a Kenmore Central A/C and Furnace. The installation did not pass the inspection from the Village and regardless of more than 7 calls to Customer Service and to the Sales Rep I have not been able to get an answer. I have left several voice messages to the number 8479528505 but no one has called me back up today. It seems that the reason why the installation did not pass the inspaction is a Breaker that was supposed to be 40 Amps instead of 50 amps but I have not been able to talk to anyone that can give me a straight answer.

Answers

9 answers

1. am happy to communicate that my issue was solved!!! The Sears contractor showed up last thursday at my home and fixed the issue reported by the inspector.
    Today the Inspector came back and the installation was approved!!

I have to give praises to this web site, the customer service here was amazingly quick in addressing my problem and the communication was flawless.
    After all the frustration with bouncing phone calls and unanswered emails I cant believe the quality of service the representatives on this site were able to accomplish.

Thanks mySearscommunity.com!

1. In response to amzedelo

WONDERFUL, amzeldelo! I am so glad to hear we were able to help you get your A/C installation approved.

Thank you so much for letting us know! We love to hear this kind of feedback!

2. Amzedelo, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are very sorry to see that you having such a frustrating experience with your central A/C and Furnace installation. We certainly can see why you are disappointed and upset that your unit did not pass inspection. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to speak with you and discuss possible options. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (amzedelo), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-LizR

Hi Liz R.,

Thanks so much for your reply. I have sent the information requested to the email address provided by you.
      I want to add that last friday I was on the phone for 20 minutes with a person on your Home Services number, they took my information and told me they will be calling me in a 48hours window otherwise to call back.
      I waited until yesterday before I posted my message here since I have not been able to get any response in any of my calls.

• San Jose, CA

What rating breaker does the machine's Owner's manual specify?

Do you have the name of the Installation person/ company?

Was a service evaluation paper left with you, from the installer?

Using that telephone number might get you in touch directly with an installation representative who can help you faster than a sales or service individual can.

Good luck.

1. They did left the paper but they did not filled out the number or the name of the installation company.
      The Owners manual specify 40 AMPS.

3. Hi there, amzedelo! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry to hear your furnace did not pass inspection. I am sure you are disappointed and just want to get this taken care of. The SearsCares team will be respond right here in a bit. They will do what they can to make sure this is taken care of for you.

Check back shortly for a reply requesting more information so they can assist.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

I appreciate any help I can get. It has been a frustrating journey.

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

I am happy to communicate that my issue was solved!!! The Sears contractor showed up last thursday at my home and fixed the issue reported by the inspector.
      Today the Inspector came back and the installation was approved!!

I have to give praises to this web site, the customer service here was amazingly quick in addressing my problem and the communication was flawless.
      After all the frustration with bouncing phone calls and unanswered emails I cant believe the quality of service the representatives on this site were able to accomplish.

Thanks mySearscommunity.com!