Question

Ordered a dryer + parts on 11/2/13. 1st ‘your order is ready’ came on 11/3/13 that was for the hose and other parts. 2nd ‘your order is ready’ arrived on 11/5/13 for dryer & propane converter. 11/9/13 took out old dryer and drove 35 miles to get dryer, converter, + the rest. OOPS, no dryer, email sent in error. Told to wait for another ‘your order is ready’. It never came. No dryer, but Sears charged credit card (the only charge on card) we got the bill, but no dryer. I called on 11/18/13, sure enough dryer + converter is at store. Again we go to pick it up, they couldn’t find the propane thing, my husband said he wasn’t leaving until he got everything to install dryer, meaning we had to have the propane kit. So this manager went and brought out a propane kit. We had to hire a service guy to install propane kit, wrong kit – it won’t work on our dryer. I called Sears, explained we were given the wrong part, she says she can ship it, we’ll get it in 3-5 days, cost $10.99 for part and $79.99 shipping! Outrageous!!!! Your mistake in the 1st place and you’ll charge me $80 in shipping. Husband got in car and actually found the right part at another SEars store. But he couldn’t return the wrong propane kit because his receipt was for another kit. Duh! I’ve bought a lot of appliances from Sears in the past, but never again. I promise. After reading some of these other posts, I think I got off lucky, so far. Your robotic answers are stupid and insulting to customers. I don’t want your ‘happy to assist you’ or ‘we’ll get back to you’ ****. I want nothing from any of you, but maybe someone will see some of these posts and not waste their time and money with your Sorry company. You do not know the meaning of customer service.

Because the service guy had to come back to finish job after we finally got the right part, it’ll cost us twice the price as it should have. I hate Sears!!!!!!!!!! it is a nice dryer, thank goodness for some good news in this drawn out, mistake filled, dumb a.. bunch of fools that I paid good money to – to treat me like this. But it does sound like Sears treats many people badly. I’ll not pay them again, never again! Really, I do not want any robotic response, or read from a script, just say nothing. I prefer it. Sears is worthless anyway, sure never any help.

Answers

6 answers

1. If Sears really wanted to do the right thing, the customer would be given a refund of a large percentage of the money that they spent, seeing as the negligence of Sears caused them to make unneeded trips and have additional expenses. Instead they will be offered a small gift card at the most.

It costs a lot more to advertise and get new customers than it does to keep your loyal customers happy. This will be another Christmas that I do not set foot in a Sears store, when I used to spend thousands of dollars a year in the tool department alone.

I still spend the money, I just spend it elsewhere now, because of the poor customer service at Sears.

1. In response to BigMike4511

Yep, they say they are sorry, or they understand your frustration. Bull. Just fix the problem. I too will spend my money elsewhere! The way Sears treats so many people I think they want to go out of business.

2. Sue-b,
    My name is David and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your comment and wanted to reach out to you. We are terribly sorry to see the frustrating experience you had with your recent dryer purchase. We certainly can see why you are so disappointed and upset over what has occurred, but we would very much like the opportunity to have a case manager discuss this experience with you and assist in addressing your concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Sue-b), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-DavidW

No thanks, I'm finished wasting my time with your lousy company. You won't do anything anyway, that's obvious by the rest of the posts here. You say - 'We are terribly sorry' I agree, the most sorry company I've dealt with ever!!!!!!! Look for another job, you're gonna need one, soon. Sears is on the way out. Too many other companies that we can all buy from. Next time, I'll order from Costco, they want customers.

3. Hi Sue-b! Thanks for taking the time to post on the MySears Community today. I would like to sincerely apologize for the hassle you have been through getting your new dryer. I am sending this along to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. They will do what they can to win you back as a customer.

A team member will be by shortly looking to help. Once they reach out, I will contact you via email with a link back to this thread.

Thanks again!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Really, I don't want any robotic, form e mails. You will never win back this customer. Too many times you've had the chance to do the right thing, you're incapable. Customer Service - what a joke.