Question

Our furnace and AC were installed last Friday. The next day, we received errors on our thermostat and the furnace shut down and reset itself multiple times. This situation repeats every day, and during this period we lost heat supply. Living in the Chicago suburb, we experience low 30s in the past few days. I made multiple calls but no one return my calls yet. I am very disappointed with this condition. Can Sears take back the system and have our money refunded? Please contact us to resolve this situation.

Answers

3 answers

1. We apologize for the trouble you’re experiencing with your new HVAC system. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to have a case manager contact you directly to assist with this situation. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help address your concerns. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the HVAC was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (YMGuai) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi YmGuai,

We are sorry to hear that the furnace an AC are showing errors since installed last week and that you are still waiting for returned calls. We understand completely how important a working furnace is in warming your home especially when temperatures start to drop.

To help you further I have escalated to our Sears Cares team so that they can help in getting your furnace repaired in a timely manner. Please know that once a response has posted by our team, I will be reaching out via email to re-direct you back to your original post to make contact.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Thank you for your reply. I will explain the situation better in the email.

Thank you!