Question

Our kenmore diswasher has begun leaving a pool of milky water in the bottom after a cycle. My husband cleaned the filter and read the manual and claims hard water is the cause. I’ve never heard of hard water in our area (Richmond, VA). We’ve owned the dishwasher for over a year and this has only just started. Should I schedule a service call? Is water in the bottom after a cycle normal? Is there a particular dishwasher detergent that would be best to use to help soften water?

Answers

6 answers

1. thanks. We've checked all this, and are putting in for a service call. Appreciate the help.

1. In response to Debbie407

Hi Debbie407,

Keep us updated and let us know if you have any other questions or concerns before or after your dishwasher has been serviced.

Thank you;)

2. Milky looking water is used water from the wash cycle. I've got a feeling there may be something wrong with the drain hose or the pump. I'd recommend checking the drain hose first, to make sure there are no obstructions. And, make sure it's properly looped. If there's nothing there, I'd recommend having a technician check it out, as the pump may have an issue. As has been stated earlier, there should never be water left in the dishwasher after the cycle has completed. Good luck.

3. Debbie407; your dishwasher should not leave any visible water. If you're using a gel detergent, it could be causing excessive suds which cause milky looking water to remain in the bottom. I recommend using a name brand of powdered detergent and make sure it's fresh detergent. I would run a quick cycle without adding any detergent or dishes and see if continues to leave pool of milky water. If it does, I recommend calling for service.

4. HI Debbie407! Thanks for posting your question today! I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your dishwasher. We can find out the best route for you to take regarding a service call, or if you can fix it yourself. Please check back in the morning for a response from an Appliance Expert. They will be able to give you advice on this problem.

Also, if you could take a second to provide the model number of your dishwasher, this can help them give the most accurate suggestion.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Model Kenore Elite Ultra wash 665.1392