Question

Poor customer service!!!!

I purchased Sears Kenmore Elite products for the promise of great repair service. My dishwasher leaked in 2009. I called Sears to come repair it. While doing so the technician put a zip tie on the hose. The repair is only warranted for 90 days. Needless to say, it lasted more than 90 days and failed this winter. We decided to try to fix the clamp ourselves and could not find a clamp in the hardware stores. My boyfriend then did online chat with a “technician?”, who sent him several different part numbers and none of them the clamp. Once questioned further the “technician?” said we would need to speak to a parts technician. I called today and because it is past the 90 day repair warranty we would have to pay for a repair technician to come out and fix it.

My washer started having problems in July. We had a technician come out. He tried to start the wash cycle and the door would not lock. His diagnosis was the motherboard was broken and it would cost more to have it be repaired than to replace it. He did not give us a written estimate and guessed it would be $500+ for the motherboard and over $700 after labor. I took his word for it and have been unplugging the machine to reset it. Today I looked on the internet to see what others have done in this situation. I found that there is a technician sheet stored in a pouch under the machine. This lists the sequence of buttons to push to put the machine in diagnostic mode. The technician how ever did not do this.

Here is my favorite reply from the supervisor “Regardless, weather the technician does his job or not once he puts his foot in your door you have to pay the service fee”. She verified this quote as I repeated it to her as I was writing it down. I thought that was not good customer care. I then asked for her supervisor she said there were lots of them. This lead me to believe she was not the best person to speak to about this manor. After being on hold I was told the supervisor is not available and I am on the call back list in aprox 2-3 hrs. She was unable to give me contact info for her the supervisor or regional manager. She also could not send me the transcripts of the call or customer notes. She then wanted to remind me she offered to have a technician to come out. When previously I asked if I would have to pay for it and she said yes. Then when reminding me of her offer she said we could have a $65 credit towards the repair. Which she did not offer before.

This does not make me feel confident in Sears’s customer care, repairs or products.

Answers

2 answers

1. Hi, Jentilly,
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We are very sorry to see that you are having such a frustrating repair experience with your dishwasher and washer. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your issue and make things right. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (jentilly), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi there, Jentilly! Thanks for posting your concerns on the MySears Community tonight. I am sorry your experiences with your dishwasher and washer repair were disappointing. I would like to connect you with SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. Once you are in touch with them, you will have one point of contact to walk you through the repair of your appliances.

A team member will be soon looking to help. Once a response is posted, I will notify you via email.

Thanks!

See More