Question

Poor Customer Service

Purchased a Whirlpool Gold refrig from Sears. At the same time, we purchased a dishwasher, a microwave, an oven, washer, and dryer.
All have the extended warranty on them.
Refrig door cracked at the top where the bracket holds the door, and the door is basically hanging on by a thread.
Had service out here, they told me that they would have to order the door from the manufacturer, have it shipped to my house, and then call for an appointment.
When you call for an appointment, it’s over a two week wait, and it’s been over a month now, and no door.
I have called and spoke with customer service, only to be told “it could be six months”.
What good is it to have a warranty, if you can’t get the parts in a timely fashion?
Here was Sears offers so far:
We will give you a 250.00 credit to go out and buy a portable refrig or, you can rent one, pay for it, and we’ll pay you back.
Why don’t you just replace it instead of making me wait possibly 6 months?
As you can see, we have been very loyal Sears customers but, we are now rethinking buying anything from them again.
There are plenty of other vendors out there that would treat us like a valuable customer.
The door is very heavy, I have a young child, and a few dogs.
If this door lets go and hits someone, they will be seriously hurt.

Answers

2 answers

1. Dear Dme22766,

It truly concerns us when we hear things like this said about the products we sell, or the services we provide. My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are truly sorry for the manner in which your refrigerator repair has been handled thus far, and we would like the chance to help make this right by you. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Dme22766), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
    Brian S.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

2. Hi dme22766,

Yikes! Six months is quite a while to be waiting for a door plus the inconveniences it is causing your household. I completely understand the frustration you and your family are experiencing and would hate to see anyone get seriously injured from this issue.

I have escalated your concerns to our SearsCares Team. They are a great team whom will do everything that they can in helping to resolve this situation.

We ask that you please check back to this thread periodically for one our team members will be responding soon.

Thank you!

See More